Friday, May 17, 2013

50 pounds gone forever & what that means

This is 1 pound of fat:


Now multiply that by 50!

I can't believe that in under 2 1/2 months, I am 50 pounds lighter. Words can't express how I feel but it's something along the lines of shock, giddiness, determined, and flabbergasted. I am almost 1/3 of the way to my goal.
To commemorate this milestone, I've compiled a list of what effects losing this 50 pounds has had on my life. Here it goes:

I have an abundance of energy.

Big increase in my self-confidence, as in, I know I can do this and reach my goal.

My goal of losing 180 pounds no longer seems impossible... I only have 130 to go.

While I still don't see a difference when I look in the mirror, I can see a difference in my Before & During photos.

I'm enjoying wearing clothes I haven't been able to wear in years.

I am 3 pant sizes down, from a 26 to a 20.

I can't wear my wedding ring anymore.

My shirts don't hug my skin anymore. I keep feeling like I'm exposed because I'll feel air or a breeze on my torso, when really I'm not. This isn't something I ever thought about and it's a strange, new feeling for me. Maybe this is how clothes are supposed to fit?

I'm no longer afraid to share how i'm feeling, what I've gone through, or how far i've come. Telling the world how much I have to lose (see above) is big for me. It tells you just how big I am... was. The one exception to this is my Before & During photos. But I promise I WILL show them... eventually. If you have seen them, feel lucky, as I only showed a few people!

I'm much happier in general.

I have a much more positive outlook on life.

I'm starting to feel bones I never knew I had because they were covered with so much fat. 

I'm excited we are closer everyday to no longer being "the fat couple".

I'm scared because the fat girl in me still wonders if this is all a fluke... maybe something's wrong with the scale? I will continue to have to work on my mental view of how I look, feel, and where I came from. I have been overweight or obese my entire life after all.

Sometimes it feels like this is just way too easy and that surely I won't lose any more weight, but it keeps coming off.

I have a strong desire to help others who are in my situation: overweight your entire life and not thinking there is any hope to achieve your dreams. If this sounds familiar, I'd love to share with you more about my journey and pay it forward.

I am no longer just existing. I am now LIVING and LOVING LIFE!

My next big goal is 90 pounds, when I will be half way to my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment