Thursday, October 28, 2010

been there, done that, but lets go there again anyway

On Oct 11th I had surgery to remove a dermoid cyst from my right ovary. Recovery has gone well and I had my post-op doctor appointment yesterday afternoon. My doctor said I am healing up well and we discussed my infertility issues. I briefly went over our adoption from hell in Liberia, and how we're still on this seemingly never-ending waiting game for our second adoption. Nick and I really want to get our family started (duh!) and so I asked for and was given a new prescription for Clomid, an infertility medication. I have taken Clomid before. I took it for two years in fact, and had one miscarriage - unless a false positive is possible.

So that's the latest in my life as a childless mother. My doctor suggested I go to Seattle Infertility, but I personally have an issue with IVF and don't think I'd ever go that route. I'm not condemning anyone who's used that treatment, I'm just saying it's not for me. I could go into a whole other post on that, but I'll save that for another day.

Today will be day one of my Progesterone treatment (I have to use this along with the Clomid due to my PCOS and lack of menstruation). Clomid treatment will likely start within the next two weeks. Along with the medication, I have come up with an herbal concoction that I will drink as a tea. Some ingredients are Chaste Tree Berry, Red Clover Blossoms, Raspberry Leaves, Nettle and a few other herbs/barks.

I'll be posting my results... but lets not get our hopes up folks! ;)

1 comment:

  1. praying and believing. hoping for you when your own hope may be running a little low.
    love,
    kerri

    ReplyDelete