Thursday, February 7, 2013

oh my goodness, I just quit my job

Wednesday I took a leap of faith and did something I never dreamed of doing... I gave my boss a letter of resignation. My last day will be March 8th, unless they give me the boot sooner. ;)

Nicks dad IS going to be moving in with us, so I will be here during the day to help him out. While I'm sure we are bound to butt heads now and then, I think it will be an overall positive thing for the entire family. Beebaw will get to have a grandfather in his daily life, and Papa will get to watch his grandson grow up. This also gives us the ability to have me be a stay at home mommy. I've wanted nothing more than to be able to stay home with our children. Now that the opportunity is here, i'm scared out of my wits!

I like my job and i've been there over 8 years. It's flexibility is great, and I love my coworker - she's a mother figure to me. However I feel bad for being the cause of them needing to train someone new. But, in the end, I need to do what is best for my family.

When I think about how i'll get to raise our children, not just in the evening and on weekends, I am overjoyed! And the idea of being able to get housework done, not just in the evening after baby's in bed & on the weekends when I want to rest, makes me ecstatic! We should be able to have some real family time when daddy's home from work now - not just running around trying to get stuff done.

So you see, it's a very bittersweet moment for me. I am incredibly excited to be starting this new chapter in our lives, full of new possibilities. It shall be an adventure indeed!

A sign of new beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for you! I just wish we lived near each other so we could have playdates! Have fun...I love watching as prayers are answered.

    ReplyDelete